Elise gets bigger every day. She's now 7-months-old and sitting up by herself, holding her own sippy cup, and I swear she's trying to say Ma-ma. ;) Her new thing is to entertain herself by blowing raspberries in earnest. She's very good at it and is considering going pro.

Alex and Elise get along great, which is nice to not have to deal with sibling rivalry right away. Elise doesn't even get mad when Alex headbutts her just to get her to laugh. They're the two smilingest kids you'll ever see.
We recently took a Jeeping trip into Blacksmith Fork Canyon and took a trail that leads to the Monte Cristo campgrounds. It was a very dusty trail. I don't think I've gotten this dirty since I was a little girl...


As you can see from Jon's white eyelashes, he wasn't wearing sunglasses. It was a really fun trip, though.
This last April we had a little snow shower. I was in a hurry to get home and was about to rush Alex into the van when I noticed that he was having so much fun dancing in the snow. So instead of rushing him, I grabbed my camera phone and started recording.
One fun thing I like to do with Elise after diaper changes is to shake her legs so bum moves from side to side and sing "Shake-shake-shake, shake-shake-shake, shake yo booty! Shake yo booty!" I guess Alex has been paying close attention because while Jon was watching the kids last night, Alex grabbed Elise's legs and started saying, "Shake a booty! Shake-shake-shake a booty!" LOL It was so hilarious, Jon grabbed his camera phone and recorded it so he could send it to me.
I decided I wanted to take a picture of the four of us last night. It took several tries. I accidentally cut Jon's head off in the first shot (not a bad shot of me though! *wink*).

Then, Jon decided to stick his tongue out in the next shot and distracted Elise.
I was laughing too hard to get a decent shot because Elise was pulling my hair, Jon kept saying, "Come on! Take it already!" and Alex was inspecting a bottle of saline spray.

The top of Jon's head got cut off here and Elise looks half asleep, but since we're all in the picture and most of us are smiling, we figured we'd call it good.
No comments:
Post a Comment