Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Warning: Potter Nerdiness Within

I debated whether or not to post this. Why? Because then the world will know exactly HOW BIG a nerd I am. But after discussing it with my sister Rachael, who encouraged me to proceed, I am…proceeding. Though, part of me suspects she just wanted a peek at all the nerdy glory.

Yep, we let our freak flags fly! Marcia, Kristie and I went to the Harry Potter Finale pre-show party in South Jordan. We couldn’t miss the opportunity to party Potter-style for the Very. Last. Potter flick!

Butterbeer-staches!

Harry%2520Potter%2520Finale%2520004

Undesirable No 1…all three of us.

2011-07-15 Harry Potter Finale

We rode a mechanical bull. Marcia took on that sucker backwards!

Collages

We got sorted into different houses…

2011-07-15 Harry Potter Finale4

Did a little Divination…

Harry%2520Potter%2520Finale%2520023-1

Rode the “Hogwarts Express”…

Harry%2520Potter%2520Finale%2520026-1

Posed with a Harry Potter look-a-like. There’s a funny story behind this picture. It’s kind of long, and it’s one of those you-had-to-be-there things I’m sure, but, in short, it involves me inadvertently sounding like I was hitting on this guy when I asked if we could get our picture with him. See that expression on my face? That’s the grinning mask of embarrassed discomfiture, my friends.

Harry%2520Potter%2520Finale%2520029

And I tell you that story to explain this picture because after the above, Marcia & Kristie teased me to no end. So when we posed with the poster in our Potter-esque 3D glasses (nice touch) I let them laugh it up a little more. What can I say; I love me some Harry Potter…the movie that is.

Oh, Harry!Harry%2520Potter%2520Finale%2520035-1

Best part of the night was when the party was crashed by a couple of Jedi's and a storm trooper. Awesome!

Harry%2520Potter%2520Finale%2520030-1

Mischief managed.

XOXO,Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment