You might recall, Taysum’s birthday came while Jon was away in preparation for his deployment. Of course. So we waited to have Taysum’s birthday party until Jon came home.
I did give him a little birthday shout out. But here are the pics from his actual birthday shindig.
Okay, this one isn’t actually from Taysum’s birthday. I took it the day Jon got back. Look how happy the kids all were to see him! *sigh* Miss that man.
Anyway, Taysum was very into the whole ripping paper off of stuff. He liked finding stuff to play with inside the packages too! Books!
Taysum loves Little People toys. He likes to take the pieces out and put them back in…and take them back out again.
He nearly stuck his head right inside the gift bag to grab at the car at the bottom! lol
He loves LOVES this walker. It’s so funny to watch him go at it because he goes crooked. Even though he can walk on his own now, when he pushes at it sometimes, he still goes off to the side. Silly, Bubba.
Getting a birthday “fly” from Daddy!
I took the easy route with the cake and opted for cupcakes made up to look like Elmo. (There was a fabulous tutorial online…alas, that was before my Pinterest days so I have no idea where I found it.) But it was wonderful not to have to mix up several different colors of frosting. I just squeezed buttercream frosting on top of the cupcakes and dipped them in red sprinkles, then used Oreo halves for the mouths, orange Reese’s Pieces for the noses, and more buttercream frosting and blue sprinkles for the eyes.
Singing to the birthday boy.
Notwithstanding his devotion to Elmo, Taysum wasted little time digging in. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment