Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

If I had a wish, then it would be…

…that you would stop growing!! Betcha thought I was going to say “a happy-happy birthday to you from me.” Ha!

I just can’t believe Taysum is already a year old! It still feels like we just brought him home from the hospital. I’ve had such a fun year with him. He’s the first of my children who I’ve been able to slow down and enjoy day to day. And it went faster, it seems! No fair, Universe!

Anyway…I now present for your viewing and nostalgia-inducing pleasure (for me, at least),  Taysum’s first year in review…

Taysum’s birth announcementTaysum ann. pic

A quiet moment with MommyPhoto_052610_001

Smiling after his “morning snack.” He used to always have his tongue out…it was sort of like his way of saying hi. ;)Photo_072510_003a

Taysum’s favorite two fingers. No soothie for this fella!Photo_082810_003a

Play time with DaddyDSCN3537

Hanging out with Great-Grandma Johnson

Taysum always gets cuddle time from his siblings.DSCN3637a

Trying Daddy’s hat on for sizeDSCN3664a

Taysum loves (LOVES) the farmDSCN3788a

Getting better acquainted with Great-Grandpa MortensenPhoto_022711_001a

Bath time fun!Photo_031311_001a

Too little for the play land just yet, but he doesn’t mind. He likes watching his siblings run around like loons…gives him something to laugh at.Photo_043011_007a

Showing off his new lower teeth2011-05-08 11.12.04a

Concentrating on his birthday present…all my children stick out their tongues when they’re engrossed in what they’re doing.2011-05-11 21.27.51a

This last picture was taken today so Jon could actually see him on his birthday (yup, he’s out for some more Army training). We’ll have Taysum’s “actual” birthday party when Jon comes home in a couple of weeks. Alex and Elise had a fun time singing the Happy Birthday song to him all day, though. And he enjoyed it too…he even tried to sing along a little bit.

Not to worry, he did get one gift today: a LeapFrog Learn & Groove musical table. Here’s a video of Taysum’s reaction.

And I’m including a little bonus here for ya: a video of Taysum and me playing hide and seek. I’m mostly putting this here because Jon rarely gets to see us play these kinds of games, but it’s a cute clip (if a bit shaky—I was running with the camera).

So, happy birthday to my little Taysum. And a cyber-hug and kiss go out to my Jonathan. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment