And then the Mortensens took over. Kidding…*ahem*
So, remember when I said “birthday pics coming soon”? Yeah, this isn’t that time. Patience, my precious friends, patience!
Jon’s been away in Seattle (so jealous!!!) for the last several days with the Army Reserves doing some training (okay, maybe not so jealous) and he’s been missing a lot of stuff around the casa. So, I uploaded a bunch of videos to YouTube (with restricted access, of course! Don’t want just any old creepy person lookin’ at my munchkins! Only you creepy people…’cause you’re my kind of creepy. *awwww*) and am posting said videos here for his (and your) viewing pleasure. But first, I would like to apologize for the super-crappy video quality. We are on the hunt for a digital video camera, like this one (but NOT in purple) or this one.
Honey, here’s what you’ve been missing while you’ve been away:
Taysum was so cute grabbing at the tail of this stuffed animal, I couldn’t resist whipping out the ol’ camera.
Snakes? Snails? Nope, just puppy dog tails.
*****
I found Taysum playing with Elise’s cookware, stirring (as best as he could for a 9-month-old) with a wooden spoon. When he grabbed the dinosaur, I couldn’t help but think, “Tonight’s special on zee menu eez Dinosaur Soup.”
My son, the Swedish Chef
*****
Taysum started low crawling a few weeks ago and right after Jon left, he started pushing himself up onto his knees and rocking or pushing his hands and feet into the floor to stick his bum in the air. Now, he drags both knees forward, looks like he might try to crawl, then gives up and pulls himself forward with his elbows. I keep chanting over and over (in my head, of course…I don’t want him to think I’m crazy), “Just hold off a few more days! Just hold off a few more days!” Think it’ll work?
Getting his crawl on…almost.
*****
Alex had his very first school performance this last Monday. Anyone else think it’s weird that they held it at 8:10 am (sharp!)? Yeah, me too.
Alex makes the funniest face in this first video. Like a little half-smirk. He told me later when I asked him about it that I was distracting him. Haha! But he finally started getting into the dance. And then *gasp!* my batteries crapped out on me! Gah! So, I shoved in the freshly charged ones from my pocket (because I’m prepared like that), pushed the power button and…NOTHING! Confounded charger lied to me with it’s full bar “ready to use” display! Insert PG expletive-ridden inner monologue here. Impromptu Plan C: whip out the cell phone in my other pocket and ignore the craptastic, pixilated result. **Side note: I found the school’s music choice rather fascinating.**
Not your grandmother’s Hokey Pokey.
Hokey Pokey Part II
*****
Okay, these next two are actually from before Jon left, but I couldn’t resist putting them up. Taysum’s just growing so fast! I can hardly believe it!! Some of you may have seen these on Facebook but for those of you who haven’t (and also because they’re my absolute favorites), here they are:
Taysum laughed hysterically when I said “Dada” to him. So I tried it again. Baby belly laughs again and again and again!
Taysum’s favorite word
*****
Alex kept tossing Taysum’s amigurumi bear at his head and they both thought it was the Best. Game. Ever. (Okay, I did, too.)
Giggly brothers
*****
When Taysum’s really happy about something, he sucks in his air and makes a noise like a pterodactyl. It was a little alarming at first, but I think his “happy noise” one of the most wonderful sounds in the world. :)
Taysum’s happy new noise sounds like a pterodactyl
*****
Notice Elise doesn’t have a video? Yeah, she’s been playing it pretty low-key this week. (Shocking, I know…she’s usuallythe biggest ham around this place!) So, here’s an old clip of her “reading” me a story from February 2009.
Elise “reads” Green Eggs & Ham
Showing off her Valentine’s Day card from Grandma Love. I love this picture of her.
So, Babe, there you go. You’re up to speed and have a little of us there with you in the Pacific Northwest. We love you and send you hugs and kisses.
XOXOXOAlex, Elise & Taysum
Oh how cute are those! They are growing up so fast!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the short "movie" night! Gave me a big smile!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you guys enjoyed them! I feel like I've got to document as much as I can because they'll be grown before I know it! *sniffle!*
ReplyDelete