Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blog much, Mandy?

Yep, I’ve been M.I.A. for almost a year. Nice. *forehead smack* In my defense, however, I was a tad busy last year…what with having a baby, emergency gallbladder removal, Alex starting Kindergarten, and of course taking care of said baby. I can just hear the “pshtaws” of all you new moms who still managed to maintain your blogs. I applaud you and only have this to say for myself: I stink at managing my time. *sigh*

My goals this year are to 1) establish a better schedule for myself (actually, any schedule as I currently do not have one) and 2) blog AT LEAST once a month (baby steps, right?). We’ll see how I do. I don’t typically subscribe to New Year’s resolutions, but I’m turning a new leaf. Rather than viewing resolutions as a way to set myself up for failure, I’m choosing to look at them as a way to better myself.

Now, I COULD try to play catch-up with ALL the photos I failed to post this last year, but it would kind of look something like this:

Img00171

So, instead, I’ll share some of my favorites…

DIGITAL CAMERAMandy, meet Taysum

DSCN3451bsepiaTaysum Gregory Mortensen

DSCN3510Elise loves her brother

DSCN3600aAlex’s first day of school. *sniffle!*

DSCN3605aWaiting for Raechel & Chris to come out of the Logan Temple

DSCN3656aElise & Jon at Temple Square

DSCN3659Alex & Elise with Grandma & Grandpa Mortensen on our train ride home from our trip to see the lights at Temple Square.

DSCN3684Alex’s super-sweet note to Santa on Christmas Eve. It reads (as per Alex’s dictation), “Dear Santa, Here are some cookies & some hot cocoa to keep you warm. Merry Christmas, Love Amanda, Jonathan, Elise, Taysum & Alex”

DSCN3696Cutest. Face. Ever.

DSCN3721Taysum’s first Christmas

DSCN3739aMy handsome littlest man.

And so concludes our little trip down 2010 Lane. I hereby vow to Do. Better. Birthday pics to come shortly…but not tonight. ;)

Mandy

3 comments:

  1. I thought you just gave up on blogging and when I opened it up to day I was shocked and so happy at the same time. I love reading what you say you are a wonderful writer and you can always make me laugh! You guys have such stinking CUTE kids, but of course you already knew that! =) It was great to catch up on last year, can't wait for more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute kids! Nice to see you back in the blogging world! You can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved seeing you blog on this site again! Thanks! My checking on it was not in vain this time!

    ReplyDelete