Okay, so Jon probably wasn’t sleepless, but just go with it, okay? As some of you know, Jon was recently reassigned to a unit based in Seattle, WA. (This just means he’s part of a 10-man detachment living in Logan and Montana.) So he travelled to Seattle for a “meet and greet” of sorts.
8 days away from the family is no big deal, right. Right? Wrong. The Army likes to have it’s fun! While he was there, his new unit discovered he didn’t have some of the training he needed for his MOS. (That’s “Army-inese” for “job.”) They told him he needed to get himself to Virginia ASAP for some cross-over training. For another 3 weeks. Awesome. (That’s Mandy-inese for “grrrrrr!” *frown*)
Silver lining? We had all day last Saturday to spend together as a family. So we watched a movie the kids had been dying to watch (Megamind…you must see it if you haven’t already!) and took them to their new favorite place in the whole world (well, besides Chucky “Cheese-its”), Carl’s Jr. The Carl’s Jr. on our end of town has an indoor play area. Yay! It’s my new favorite place, too!
Taysum was a little wary of Jon at first. (He’s not used to seeing Jon with no facial hair!) But when Jon put his DL hat on, we saw it click, “Ooooh yeah! I remember this guy!”Taysum’s pulling a funny face in this one, but it’s really a happy one, I promise!
The next morning, we all piled in the van and made the hour and a half drive to take Jon to the airport. For me, the trip always seems to take twice as long going back home without him. My heart breaks at the thought of going home to no Jon. :( We do this all the time, but it never gets any easier.
On a happier note, however, Jon found out yesterday that he gets to come home 5 days earlier than originally thought. Hooray!
Jon always misses out on things when he’s away. This time, it was Taysum crawling for the first time. Taysum was really close to crawling before Jon left for Seattle and I had hoped he would amaze us all with his crawling prowess that Saturday we were all together. Unfortunately, life doesn’t work that way most of the time. Today was the day Taysum officially started crawling.
For a while, he’d been doing this cute little knee-hop where he’d dig his toes into the ground and hop his knees forward. I’d been telling Jon all about it and when I tried to get a video of it today, he did a combination knee-hop and crawl. It was pretty funny!
Hoppy crawl
As difficult as it is to be apart, the kids have had a fun time “talking to Daddy on the computer.” But we’ll be so glad when Jon is home with us again. Only about a week and a half more to go!
It's so hard to be away from the one you love for so long, hang in there. I can't believe the little guy is crawling already my goodness, you blink and they will be all grown up!
ReplyDeleteMarcus did the hop thing too! I never really caught it on camera. I thought it was the cutest!
ReplyDeleteThanks, McKenzie. It is difficult, but we plow on through anyway.
ReplyDeleteAnn, I LOVE the hop thing! It makes me laugh everytime. He's starting to do it less and less, though. I'll miss it when it's gone!