Pages

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Christmas 2009

Last year, I think I didn't get the tree up until about 2 weeks shy of Christmas. I did better this year and had it up the first week of December. The kids had a really great time helping me (and "helping" me) put up the decorations.

They were very proud of our tree.

After the decorating was done, Jon set up the train. The kids get to "help" him by watching. lol NO BODY touches Daddy's train!

One of my favorite things about getting the tree all set up is watching the kids as they watch the train going around...probably because it's quiet. Just kidding...kind of. :)


And then Jon gets to sit back and admire his handiwork, too.

We were in Idaho Falls for Christmas this year. Our extended family has gotten so big we've started doing our family party at the Bonneville HS seminary building. After dinner (and a little time to digest) we have a little program featuring a musical number (or sometimes recitation from Uncle Ryan) or two from members of each of the main Johnson tribes. Then we sing and have the children act out the Nativity. This was Elise's first year to participate.(Alex wasn't in the mood to do it this year). She got to be one of the angels and was very excited. Here she is with three of her cousins: Jacob (shepherd), Grant (Joseph), and Ali (Mary).

Showing off her costume.

I love this picture of the cousins. Jacob looks like he's eyeing Elise in a"that's the chick who yanked out tufts of my hair last summer" kind of way. Haha!

During the Nativity, I would get to an angle where I could see Elise's face and just before I snapped the shot she moved! But here are all the children together.

This is the best shot I was able to get of Elise.

Love, LOVE this picture of Elise in her costume.

Alex with Daddy, too cool to play.

Jon and me enjoying the festivities. Man, even in sepia I'm totally paler than he is!

Alex & Elise's "big" gifts this year were a plush Ariel doll and a talking Sheriff Woody doll, respectively. They were SO excited. They jumped up and down and squealed in delight. Best. Moment. Ever. When Grandma Love came downstairs they couldn't wait to show them what Santa brought them. Having a talking Sheriff Woody doll made for an interesting morning. I can't say how proud I am of the various "pee-pee" jokes my brothers and brother-in-law came up with. *rolling my eyes* Very...mature. lol Luckily, Alex is too young to understand any of that...and didn't year them anyway.

Elise giving her doll some loves.

This is the cutest picture in the world. I love the happy expression on his face.

I was pretty impatient up to see Jon open this gift.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaat laaaaaaaaaaast! My loooooooove has come along...." I knew he would love this drill because even I got excited when I saw it at the store. I couldn't wait to point out the handle! Hooray!

The next night, we had game night with some of my siblings and my cousins Josh, Tyler and his wife Caryn. We played Quelf for hours! This is my favorite moment from the evening. It makes me so proud of my genes. lol One of Tyler's rules was that he had to hold a plunger like a sword and brandish it when he talked. Justin had so much time to find a helmet and wear it before he was penalized...as no helmets were in the house to be found (that Dad knew of anyway), we let him get away with using one of Mom's new pots instead. It suits him, I think. Haha!



The four of us had a great Christmas and look forward to all the new adventures that await us in 2010. :)

3 comments:

  1. Awww, Elise is the cutest little angel EVER! Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of Quelf before---looks fun and bizarre! What a fun Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your kids reactions to all the gifts they get, it's just priceless! Great gift for Jon, Greg LOVES his that I gave him a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete