Jon usually does his drills for the Army Reserves here in Logan, but he's attached to a unit that's based out of Montana. Occasionally, he has to go up there for what feels like a super-long amount of time and the kids & I always really miss him. One of these times, when Jon came back home, the kids were napping. So, when I woke them up, I told them I had a surprise for them. They came out to the living room to find their daddy! It was such a cute moment.
In May, our friends Greg & McKenzie announced that they were being relocated to Colorado for Greg's work. Greg has been Jon's best friend since about middle school, and they're both still great friends to us today. So we were pretty bummed to see them go. Before they left in June, we went to Merlin Olsen Central Park to take some pictures together. It's kind of a meaningful spot for all of us because when we were all dating (and nearly engaged to our respective spouses), we came to this park together to take pictures.
Greg & Jon
This year, we met up with Jon's family at the Bear Lake cemetary for Memorial Day.
When we were finished at the cemetary, we found a park and sheltered picnic area to have lunch. The kids barely ate anything because they were too excited about the "super-cool" playground right beside the shelter. Can you guess what their favorite feature was?
good times, good times! me miss you guys!
ReplyDelete