…for now, anyway.
Miss me? Yeah, I was a little busy. Self pity took up more time than I had anticipated. Kidding (sort of).
So, here’s what we’ve been up to since November.
Found out this guy is something of an escape artist.
Went to a special Veteran’s Day assembly at Alex’s school.
Took pics of some heavy snow fall.
Helped the kids put together our annual Thankful Turkey. The feather-hands read: “Grandma is thankful for Amanda, Alex, Elise & Taysum living with her!” Elise: My toys, I am thankful for my family & Daddy & Mommy, Dad, Jesus & my family, I’m thankful for Daddy, Family, Mom. Alex: The Wii, Friends, Dad, Clothes, Mom, Family, Food, The earth, Teacher, Friends, The Army, White shoes.
Helped my friend Rashelle get her Christmas spirit on…or at least the décor. Her hubby was deployed during the holidays too and she wasn’t in the mood to decorate. (I totally understood the feeling.) It was a fun afternoon!
I was inspired to get my own decorations up. The fact that I needed to shop for toddler-friendly accessories (which turned out to be super-cute) was just a bonus.
Found Elise trying on my unmentionables.
Took the kids to see the lights at Temple Square with their cousins Ali, Andy & Cannon.
Video chats. Lots and lots of video chats.
Decorated Christmas cookies with the kids at Aunt Rachael’s. (clockwise from upper left hand corner: Alex’s, mine, mine…again, Elise’s)
Made a stellar Pinterest-inspired Christmas gift.
Nearly. Had. An aneurism.
But didn’t get mad. (How could I? Look at that face!)
Waited on an oil change with Taysum.
Celebrated Christmas at Grandma & Grandpa Love’s.
Admired a crochet pattern at my sister-in-law’s. (MUST try!)
Turned 31 & got a surprise from Jon.
Watched Taysum dip his french fries in blue Jell-O at Bubba Gump Shrimp. (Didn’t see Lt. Dan, though…darn!)
Took Alex in for his first. ever. pair of glasses.
Went on a Sister Date with Rachael to see Brian Regan perform live. And it. was. AWESOME.
“You know that can’t happen, right?”
Organized my crafting space. (The machine with the green zebra cover is the Silhouette Cameo Jon got for me for Christmas…because he’s awesome…and because he loves me.)
Used aforementioned Silhouette to make some fabulous cards. (Most of which were hacked from, you guessed it, Pinterest.)
Took a video of Taysum running across the room and spinning in circles. He totally got dizzy and fell over. So. Funny!
Put together some amazing (if I do say so myself) care packages for Jon. This was March’s St. Patty’s Day model, complete with shamrock confetti and Lucky Charms!
Gave Taysum his first ever ice cream cone.
Stopped in Windsor for a visit to our closest friends on our way to Denver.
Tried to get a decent group shot. (I’m still learning how to use the timer feature on our new camera.) This one turned out a little over-done in the white balance area.
Not. Fast. Enough.
Success! It was so good to see Greg & McKenzie & their little ones! Miss you guys!!
The kids were “egged.” We discovered a mysterious note on the front porch instructing us to search for the eggs that were hidden all over the front and back yard. Not an easy task after the sun has gone down! They did a great job, though. I think they only missed 2! And, look! Camo eggs!
Discovered the world’s best breakfast recipe! (No, not on Pinterest. Shocker, right? It was one from Kraft Foods I’d been dying to try for, like, EVER. Overnight Stuffed French Toast. Check it out!) I’m totally making this for Jon when he comes home.
Taysum gave it his seal of approval. Which is really saying something. I can hardly get the kid to eat ANYTHING these days!
Aunt Kristie taught Taysum how to do a “scary laugh.”
Signed the kids up for soccer.
Elise is wearing the number 1 and kicking the ball in this shot. (Don’t judge me for watching from the van…it was a super-cold day!)
And Taysum learned his ABC’s.
Voila! Consider yourself brought up to speed.
XOXO,
No comments:
Post a Comment