We also took a detour to Hill AFB Aerospace Museum, but I digress…
A few days before Jon had to leave, we took the kids to Hogle Zoo. We’ve always wanted to take them there and felt this would be a perfect activity for us to do as a pre-deployment activity.
Alex and Elise were so excited to ride the train around the zoo!
Taysum was so obsessed with this rock. Haha!
Obligatory group shot. ;) (Notice Taysum stroking the rock yet again!)
Alex couldn’t believe his luck that the zoo had animatronic dinosaurs placed all over the park. “It makes me think they’re real.” He’s quite the dinosaur aficionado.
Neither of the kids wanted to go anywhere near this one. I finally coaxed Alex into standing in front of it with me. (Elise gave me a firm negative when I invited her.)
Alex couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw Doctor Scott the Paleontologist from Dinosaur Train. Well, it was just his picture (beardless guy at the top), but still! DOCTOR SCOTT!!
When I told the kids that this was a fossil of an actual Tyrannosaurus Rex their eyes bugged out of their heads (a la cartoon style, seriously) and they both clambered over to it for a photo op.
Elise the Lion Tamer! Alright, not really. But she was very intrigued by this drinking fountain. Alex wanted nothing to do with it. Heh
“Elephants, Mom!”
Obligatory group shot.
The kids wanted to take a picture with Jon and the gorilla. Jon’s the one on the left. Har har. Kidding! Just kidding, Jon! ;)
Obligatory “Measure Up” shot. Jon was super-excited, but he managed to keep it inside.
We waited in line forEVER for the chance to take a picture on the back of this T-Rex. But it was worth it. The kids loved it!
Found this red, white and blue butterfly in the insect exhibit. I thought it was fitting. :)
People turned back and stared as they heard the kids (instead of cheese) excitedly shouting, “Parasaurolophus!” That’s right, my kids are awesome and can correctly pronounce complex dino names. *fist pump* (Thank you, Dr. Scott.)
I can’t remember what it was that Alex was exclaiming in this picture, but I’m pretty sure it was something along the lines of, “Theeeeyyyyy’re grrrrrrreat!” Kidding. I think it was actually, “Tiiiiiigerrrrrrrs!”
Obligatory group shot with a giraffe. And no, Elise is not biting her thumb at me. (Threw that in there for all you Shakespeare buffs.)
Fun on the merry-go-round.
This picture makes my heart break a little, I must admit. They just look so happy with their dad.
************************************
We had decided that after the zoo, we would stop at the Hill AFB Aerospace Museum. It’s another visit we’ve been wanting to make with the kids for some time now.
I snuck in this shot especially for my Love family members. You’re welcome. ;)
Alex’s jaw dropped when we first walked into the first hanger. “Dad! There’s AIRPLANES on the CEILING!”
Obligatory group shot.
Alex loved seeing all the helicopters.
It was pretty hilarious to see his eyes get bigger and bigger as the size of the helicopters we saw increased. Look at that face.
“THAT is the BIGGEST helicopter I EVER SAW!” He particularly liked the string of lights inside the helicopter.
Taysum was tired of the stroller and wanted to be up in his daddy’s arms.
Elise loved these flags. We loved that she loved them. She loved running behind them to get them flying. We did not love that.
Jon showing Elise the machine guns on one of the fighter planes.
My three handsome men.
“Look at me and smile!”
I never have to tell this fella to smile.
Elise really liked seeing the machine guns. Should I be concerned about that?
I love this shot of Elise on Jon’s shoulders.
Obligatory group shot.
Exploring the planes on the grounds.
It was the end of a long day. Long, but good. We had so much fun together!
No comments:
Post a Comment