Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Random ramblings

I have a song stuck in my head, and the only part I know is, "I will be the one to hold you in my arms." This kind of makes me wish I was still thinking of Put On Your Sunday Clothes, which I did have stuck in my head earlier. I know that's random, but it's 12:55 am, so I'm allowed a little random...ness.

*ahem* Anyway, the past couple of weeks have been ones of adjustment for me. I quit my job mid-December to stay at home with Alex and Elise. It was a very scary, emotional decision for me. I was worried I would hate it, but so far I've really enjoyed it (potty training fiascoes aside).

The real reason that I'm writing is to share a little experience I had recently. Alex went into Primary for the first time last week. I realized it the night before and wanted to cry thinking about it...my baby a Sunbeam! He came out of Primary with a paper that said that since it's his birthday on the 17th, they would like me to come in on the 11th for Opening Exercises to share some fun facts, a story or a picture of Alex. So I jotted some cute little facts about Alex and brought along one of my favorite pictures of him. I stood at the podium with Alex at my side and got out the first line and actually did cry! Not because I was nervous, but because I was telling a roomful of people how great my little boy is and it hit me how fast he's growing up. I tried hard to pull it together because I could hear little CTR 5's whispering to their teachers, "Why is she crying?" and Alex was looking up at me sideways like, Mom, what's going on? Haha!

So, since there's no audience of children (just me and my computer) and I'm feeling a little nostalgic, I wanted to post my list of things about Alex...

Alexander Mortensen
  • his laugh makes others want to laugh
  • he loves cars, trucks, trains and planes
  • he has a great big smile
  • he's a very good big brother and loves to help take care of his sister
  • he's very good at remembering people
  • he's always ready with a hug or a kind word to help someone feel better
  • he's a very special boy and we're thankful he's in our family
This is part of the reason that I wanted to stay home. My kids are growing up so fast and there's absolutely nothing I can do to slow that down. So I want to enjoy them as much as I can while I still can. We're still adjusting. My sister told me it took her about three months to get down the schedule they're on now...I'm not as skilled as she is, so I'm fully expecting to still be in chaos in August. :) But I'm happier at home with the mess and the chaos than I have been for a long, long time.

1 comment:

  1. That is a cool post. It made me a little nostalgic as well. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete