Pages

Friday, February 22, 2008

Bear-y Happy Birthday

We celebrated Elise's first birthday on January 30. She's growing up so fast! I can't believe it's already been a year! Her birthday was a lot of fun for me. I found a bear-shaped cake pan and thought it would be so perfect for her because she's so cuddly!




And then, I saw this 4" 3D bear pan and HAD to get it. It was just the right size for her to have her own cake to dig in to. And I must say, I'm prodigiously proud of both of these cakes!

Elise had a great time opening her gifts. She was more interested in ripping and shredding the wrapping paper, but she quickly picked up on the fact that the fun things inside were for her too.



























When we brought out her little bear cake, Elise didn't waste any time exploring.





She tried to peek around the camera as I was taking her picture. But it was only a momentary lapse of concentration. Elise quickly got back down to business.



And then she picked the cake up off the tray and shook it up and down. Then she held it up to her mouth like she was taking a drink. It was too funny!





Surveying the damage.

"Stop eating yourself!"
"But, Mother, I taste so good!"
~Charlie & the Chocolate Factory



By the time Elise was done, she was covered from head to toe in chocolate cake. I think it's a good look for her! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment