Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Three's Company

Alex turned three in January. I still can't believe he's three! I think I'll be saying that no matter how old he is. He had a pretty fun birthday. He got some books and some clothes.



Uncle Jacob gave him lots of Cars brand cars, which he loves and plays with all the time. You rarely see Alex anymore without an entourage of Doc, Filmore, King and "Ka-Chow."


The most fun part, for Jon and me anyway, was Alex's reaction to the Thomas the Tank Engine Pump Yard and Tracks set we gave him. He had gotten a new Thomas toy from Grandma Love for his birthday and was very excited to get "Thomas again." I've never seen anyone get so excited over a present!

This year, I decided to make a Thomas train cake. It was a learning experience for me. I learned that refrigerated frosting is easier to use than frosting straight out of the cupboard. I learned that chocolate frosting is the best to use with black food coloring. And I learned to decorate the night before...always the night before.











Not to blow my own whistle, but it turned out pretty well I think. Alex was very excited to have such a Thomas-filled birthday. He called it his "Thomas Pan-cake."

No comments:

Post a Comment